Ashtabula County Medical Center is committed to improving the health and wellness of the community. The ACMC Workplace Wellness program allows us to work directly with businesses to create individualized employee wellness programs that not only improve the health of staff, but also improve the bottom line by reducing healthcare costs and increasing productivity.
Studies published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that employee wellness programs can produce significant improvement in employee health, productivity and injury prevention. Every dollar spent by an organization on wellness produces a cost savings that is estimated to range between $2.30 and $10.10 due to decreased absenteeism, fewer sick days, reduced workers' compensation claims, lower health insurance costs, and improvements in productivity and performance.
The best way to reduce healthcare costs is to improve the health of employees. Long-term lifestyle changes are key to making that happen. Healthy employees are more productive and more enthusiastic about their work. They have more energy, make better decisions, manage time better, make fewer mistakes and miss work less often. They also have less stress, anxiety and tension.
The ACMC Workplace Wellness Program includes:
- Health risk assessments.
- Health screenings and labs available on site or at ACMC.
- Online health activity tracker.
- Online wellness library.
- Web-based behavioral modification videos.
- Monthly electronic newsletter.
- 50 percent discount on Premiere Fitness memberships.
- 50 percent discount on Results Weight Management Program.
The health risk assessment measures:
- Overall wellness.
- Heart health.
- Cancer risk.
- Diabetes score.
- Osteoporosis risk.
- Physical fitness.
- Mental health.
- Safety practices.
- Weight-related risks.
The personalized report includes:
- Overall wellness score.
- Health age (versus chronological age).
- Risk ratings for major health factors.
- Graphical comparison of wellness scores.
- Recommendations for health improvement.
- Web links to additional information.
- Medical follow-up report, which summarizes the individual's health screening results for easy reference and prioritizes items to discuss with their medical provider.