Prepared Childbirth Classes
03/05/2019 7:00 PM (EST)
ACMC's Prepared Childbirth Classes discusses all things about pregnancy during four-week sessions each month. The two-hour sessions are the first four Tuesdays of each month. The cost is $40 per couple and class participants receive handouts and workbooks covering all the material. There are also special tours of the ACMC Maternity Suite. Lessons are a combination of discussion amongst class members and videos about childbirth. ACMC's Prepared Childbirth Classes may be covered by your insurance provider.
Topics for discussion include:
- Anatomy of the body
- Pros/Cons of pregnancy
- Ways to relax (including breathing techniques)
- How to pick a support team for labor
- Labor and delivery essentials
- Medical related topics such as epidurals, medication, c-sections, and more
- Post-delivery issues, including breast-feeding, circumcision, what is normal for baby, baby's sleeping, and more.