NOTE: Ashtabula County Medical Center volunteers must be 18 years old or older.
The Ashtabula County Medical Center Auxiliary is the oldest volunteer organization in Ashtabula County. With over 200 volunteers, the ACMC Auxiliary assists patients and their families in a variety of ways:
- Gift shop volunteers assist with stocking and selling merchandise.
- Surgical hosts and hostesses provide for the needs of the families of surgical patients.
- Escorts assist patients during admission and discharge.
- Information desk receptionists provide information and deliver mail and flowers to patients.
- Volunteers bring books and magazines to patients.
- Pastoral care assistants work with the hospital chaplain and area clergy.
- Emergency department volunteers support patients and families.
- Event volunteers help raise funds for patient care equipment and educational materials.
For local high school students interested in healthcare careers, the ACMC Foundation and ACMC Human Resources Dept. offer hands-on educational experience through ACMC Academy, an 8-week summer internship program. Ashtabula County high school sophomores and juniors who meet academic and school attendance requirements are eligible to apply. Applications will be available with school guidance counselors and will also be posted on ACMC's website during the application period in March. For more information, contact ACMC Foundation Executive Director Tami Netkowicz, 440-997-6605. Visit the ACMC Foundation pages for more information.