The Ashtabula County Medical Center Auxiliary is the oldest volunteer organization in Ashtabula County. With over 200 volunteers, the ACMC Auxiliary assists patients and their families in a variety of ways:
- Gift shop volunteers assist with stocking and selling merchandise.
- Surgical hosts and hostesses provide for the needs of the families of surgical patients.
- Escorts assist patients during admission and discharge.
- Information desk receptionists provide information and deliver mail and flowers to patients.
- Volunteers bring books and magazines to patients.
- Pastoral care assistants work with the hospital chaplain and area clergy.
- Emergency department volunteers support patients and families.
- Event volunteers help raise funds for patient care equipment and educational materials.