ACMC is incorporating the reopening of services into our ongoing COVID-19 response. Our message to patients is that as we reopen, we do so with one focus – patient safety. To that end, here are a few simple messages you can share with friends, family, and with the community.
· Symptom Screening: All individuals entering ACMC are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and have their temperature taken. The questions might feel personal, so we’ve provided an option for everyone entering to read the questions themselves.
· WEARING MASKS: All caregivers are required to wear a cloth face masks and we strongly encourage patients to wear them, too.
· SOCIAL DISTANCING: We have created physical separation in our waiting and procedural areas. We also have floor decals in areas where multiple caregivers and patients may be at the same time. Caregivers are reminded to maintain a 6-foot separation in their work areas whenever possible.
· High-traffic area cleaning: We frequently sanitize door handles, handrails, elevators, etc. Exam rooms should be sanitized after each patient visits
· Patient entry and pickup: While we restart services, we will continue to restrict visitors and patient entry into ACMC. The Ashtabula Clinic entrance and the Emergency Department entrance remain open. Patients who are discharged from ACMC can be picked up at the former Emergency Department entrance closest to the ATM.
· OTHER HEALTH SAFETY TIPS: Frequently wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds (hand sanitizer is an appropriate substitute when hand washing is not feasible); cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue; avoid touching your face and eyes.